Sunday, September 30, 2012

He moved


The treatment center was not able to extend my son's stay another 28 days.  That was disappointing, but there is good news too.  Part of the reason they couldn't extend his stay is that they feel he is doing so well! Also, the same day that he found out he couldn’t stay in treatment another 28 days, a halfway house located in the same town visited the treatment center and he found out they had an opening.  He talked to them about moving in, and they approved it.  So, a member of the staff helped him move into the halfway house Friday night.  He says it’s a nice place, and that so far the men he has met there seem like good guys.  Also, his counselor at the treatment center got him approved for outpatient counseling, so he will be able to continue to see a counselor. 

         Now he will be able to continue working which is such a blessing. If he hadn’t been accepted into the halfway house he would have had to quit his job and come home.  For the first time in a long time he wants to work and be productive, and I’m go glad that things worked out the way they did.

         Of course I still have to fight off worrisome thoughts about his roomies at the halfway house, but when I catch them entering my head, I try to replace them with a positive thought and a quick “I trust you Jesus.” My oldest daughter plans to come and visit us in 2 weeks, so we’ll go visit him then.  I’ll feel better after I see the house and meet some of the other guys.  It’s a long drive each way, but I’m so happy to be able to seen him sober and content that’s it’s worth every minute.  I am humbled and amazed at the work I see the good Lord doing in my son’s life.



1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you, your family and your son as he transitions into the halfway house. God has worked many miracles in his life and he is so fortunate to have a mother that gave him the gift of faith.

    ReplyDelete