Saturday, September 22, 2012

No guarantees


I have come to realize that one of the obstacles between myself and serenity is the fact that I tend to want guarantees.  I don’t like uncertainty.  I want to KNOW that things are going to work out ok, and the way I think they should.  I am learning though, that I just don’t always know what is best.  I don’t see the big picture, but God does.  When I see the miracles that He is working in my son’s life, I am humbled beyond measure.  Four months ago, my son had accepted that he was either going to wind up dead or in jail.  Either way didn’t matter to him.  He was so completely under the control of his addiction.  Today my son knows what it’s like to feel normal again without drugs, and he doesn’t want to lose that.  No matter what happens, I will forever be grateful for that.
          
         Things are still going well for my son in treatment.  He found a job, which is a miracle in itself.  He has been unemployed for over a year, and has a pending court case; yet he found a job!  If that isn’t a miracle I don’t know what is.   He continues to work at his recovery program so hard.  I am so proud and impressed with his determination.  He found a church nearby the treatment facility and rides his bike there on Sundays for the service.
        
         He had a Status Hearing scheduled for this coming Monday, but the courts granted a continuance until November.  I am so thankful.  I feel that the longer he can stay in the recovery community that he is in, the better.  His 60 days at the treatment center will be up on Wednesday.  He has put in a request for an extended stay, but is waiting to hear an answer.  I’m hoping, of course, that they let him stay another 28 days.  I am just praying for God’s will though, and the serenity and courage to accept it if an extended stay is not granted.
        
         I have not done a good job of keeping up with my blog, and I apologize for that.  I still keep up with the blogs I follow and keep all of you in my prayers. 


        








1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that your son is doing so well! It never stops amazing me how gracious God is and how much he really wants to help us.

    I know what you mean about wanting guarantees. I pray (often plead) for Gods reassurance. But I have seen enough miracles in our kids lives to know that they have a purpose and were meant to do good works. I pray that they will use their hardships to make this world a better place...I pray that out of all the bad, something good will come!

    Big hugs to you, Mom. You continue to be an inspiration of faith and courage.

    ReplyDelete