Thursday, June 21, 2012

Falling Backwards into His Arms-Trust


Have you ever heard of that little game called “Do You Trust Me” where you’re supposed to fall backwards into someone’s arms and trust that he will catch you?  Well, I’ve never, not once been able to make myself do that.  Trust has never come easily for me, partly as the result of being raised with an alcoholic parent.  One thing I’m learning through this journey though is to trust God and His goodness and love. He is teaching me a valuable lesson. I trust that He will lead my son and myself out this trial, and that we will both be better because of it.  So, God, I know you’re listening…………open your arms wide because I’m ready to fall backwards into them……….I know you’ll catch me.

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope.”  Romans 5:1-4

P.S.  I don’t think I’m quite ready to “glory in my sufferings” but I’m learning that there is good to be found in the midst of sorrow.  I’m working on it, Lord.


1 comment: